Sunday, September 21, 2014

Whats a Life if Everything is Constant?

School can be the best days or the worst days of your life. Frustration, stress and anxiety brew all around especially during the beginning of the year due to schedules. When classes you really desperately want cant fit into your schedule and the only thing you cant really chose about what you do in school is your schedule. Imagine having no room for more electives and having to wait to finish your lab sciences in order to get your chosen elective and trying to cram every class you want into your senior year. That's exactly what I plan on doing next year during my senior year. I'm frustrating in the fact I cant pursue my dream of art without having to drop one of my electives that I really love whether its the debate between taking a language, a music class, and a lab period, that gives me no room in order to pursue art. Not only that but hearing my friends from Norwalk high and hearing about their rotating schedule that allows you to have an extra elective with the price of an hour long period and a rotating lunch. A small price to pay to forward my future and pursue my interests. although it may be confusing to rotate classes every day and drop a class, it is significantly better then seeing the same teacher every day at 7:30 in the morning and constantly on the verge of sleep enabling learning or comprehending most things thought that period.
Imagine seeing people at the same day at the same time constantly over the whole yea, it gets drilled in your head and then you wonder why there are kids constantly skipping certain periods. A constant schedule is not meant for everyone it can bore and frustrate people. it a constant game of chance whether or not you'll have a good schedule and if you get an important class first period where most people are just not awake and fully functioning yet. Being on edge hoping for a schedule for your desired classes and failing first period classes because your just not a morning person is not how I'd like to spend high school feeling constantly bored that everything stays the same.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is really pathos filled! I like how you create a picture through your numerous anecdotes and your "imagine" sections. Myself, as well as nearly every other McMahon student feel the same annoyance about being forced to see the same teacher everyday at 7 30 AM. I think a lot of people do poorly in their 1st period classes simply because of exhaustion. Fight for the implementation of a rotating schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from my personal favoring of the issue, I really like that you appeal to the struggle of high school students, not only because you are one but because it makes you relatable and builds bridges between you and the reader. The way you tap into the whole idea that the schedule we have now is similar to just going through the motions of life constantly is pretty strong but used very well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete